Deep Underground with Raul Groom

Friday, March 18, 2005

All Picks Wrong or Your Money Back

OK, so pretty much everything I told you yesterday turned out to be false. Kentucky looked awful in winning over Eastern Kentucky - they apparently have no half-court offense at all. Someone should have mentioned this to me. UAB did upset LSU after all, a pick I should have made just because UAB is one of my favorite teams. Arizona looked shaky early but cruised - they look as strong as people say. Pitt showed up against UoP but got beat anyway.

UCLA and Texas Tech play today, and I am starting to get nervous about the Knight Curse, given the stupidity of the rest of the knowledge I dropped yesterday.

Fortunately for me, OK State is a rare enough pick that if they win it all, I will probably cash (though probably not the big money) even if Kentucky doesn't make the final.

The team I am now regretting not putting in the final is Kansas. Kansas is awesome, but I hate them. I root against them in every game they play and I just couldn't bring myself to make them a centerpiece of my sheet. I feel the same way about Duke and UNC, which this year created a really big handicap since those are three of the teams with a legit shot to win it all. Selah.

3 Comments:

  • I have to commend you on your ability to logically analyze the entire tournament situation, select and defend plenty of reasonable choices, and yet be markedly wrong. That is truly, as are you sir. (meant that in a good way, though with a little elbow jab grin to go with it)

    Well, typing those few sentences has made me spend far time on basketball than I ever wanted to. I'm already starting to get drowsy...

    VE

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 18, 2005 at 6:13 PM  

  • truly awesome... I meant, "That is truly awesome, as are you sir." Damn boring sport, I can't even concentrate enough to write a complete sentence properly.

    VE

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 18, 2005 at 6:15 PM  

  • Software sales all a big money go round I found a free website with tons of pages dedicated to Saving money on all sorts of digital stuff some very useful tips on how to play Money what a wonderful world we live in today great stuff mind food !!

    By Anonymous Save 20%, at December 7, 2005 at 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home