Deep Underground with Raul Groom

Friday, January 07, 2005

Papa's Got a Brand New Bag of Tequila Puke

Yeah, I know, it's pretty different. But after experimenting endlessly with trying to create my own sidebar in the template I had, I finally decided to punt and switch to a friendlier template. This one should allow me to add a few features I've been wanting for a long time, such as a weekly poll and a Bad Blog of the Day (Sophia objects to this rather mean-spirited idea, but I'm adamant.)

The big problem that seems to have arisen is that the comments have all disappeared. This is unfortunate, but in order to get them back I would have to go back to HaloScan commenting, which I didn't like much. I may go back to it anyway; I don't want the recent comments chill to become permanent.

Also, I know this green color is horrible. I have a particular color scheme in mind, so as soon as I find the codes for the colors I want, I'll get rid of this god-awful Tequila-puke color.

4 Comments:

  • the coolest thing about your new blog, almost but not quite offsetting the Tequila Puke is that you seem to be able to post a few hours into the future. you pay extra for that? to me your posts show up as 4 something and 5 something (pm) on Friday the 7th. it's currently 1:24


    wally

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 7, 2005 at 6:21 PM  

  • that gives me a rather gross mental image.

    By Blogger RahX, at January 7, 2005 at 6:27 PM  

  • Ah, yes, for reasons that are too boring to go into, I switched the blog to Greenwich Mean Time, so Deep Underground, it's always five hours in the future.

    I've canned the Tequila Puke - apparently that horrible color was an integral part of that design that couldn't be changed. I had planned to change it to forest green, which would have looked cool. Oh, well.

    By Blogger RaulGroom, at January 7, 2005 at 6:28 PM  

  • Hey RahX, welcome Deep Underground. That Cost of War link is making me want to kill myself, but in a good way.

    By Blogger RaulGroom, at January 7, 2005 at 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home