Deep Underground with Raul Groom

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

From Talking Points Memo, a little peek at the kinds of Get Out the Vote activities the Grand Old Party is up to these days.

This is the Republican Party, folks. These are the people who are overseas killing people because of their commitment to freedom and democracy. Well, they themselves are not overseas killing people, of course; they're paying other people to do it. Well, they themselves are not paying the people, of course, they're using your money. Anyway, you get the idea. Freedom and democracy. These folks are big fans.

Am I being too shrill? Sorry, sometimes I lose my sense of objectivity in the face of the complete hostile takeover by antidemocratic forces of the free, pluralistic society in which I had hoped to raise my child. It's something I plan to get under control. Never.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home