Deep Underground with Raul Groom

Monday, June 07, 2004

Well, I did the best I could in the time available. Not much in the way of analysis, just another irresponsible hatchet job, a cheap shot at a man retreating straight back from a fight. It's got a good beat, though, and you can dance to it. Hopefully it'll make it in tomorrow.

In the meantime, check out the relevant news stories:

Investigators interview Cheney in CIA leak probe.

From what I gather, this account falls for exactly the spin the White House was going for when they disclosed first that the President had spoken to outside counsel and second that Cheney had been interviewed. The timeline seems to be the opposite; Cheney came out of his Q&A with Fitzgerald and told Bush "you better hire a lawyer."

Implications of Bush Consulting Attorney

Fairly straightforward analysis of why Bush would consult an outside counsel, and why this means that Bush is probably in a pretty tight spot.

Lastly, check out this mildly funny satire.

I'm going on vacation Thursday, so don't forget me when I'm gone. My heart will break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home